Treasury Operations Specialist
New York, NY 10017 New York, NY 10017 US
High Profile International Bank in Manhattan seeks Operations Specialist with strong Treasury Settlements background.
You will work as part of a small tight-knit operations team supporting all back office related work for a Funding Desk.
Amazing work environment with an organization that offers very competitive compensation.
This is a tremendous career opportunity grow your career with a premiere boutique International Organization that offers career stability, amazing benefits (e.g. 100% bank paid healthcare, generous PTO, a huge 401K match,…), and a very good work life balance.
Positions like this do not become available very often, so please contact us with your CV/resume ASAP.
In summary, you will maintain all records as they pertain to the securities portfolio and prepare or release payment messages (SWIFT, Kondor +, Calypso, or Fed Transfers).
- Maintains all money market and securities confirmations and records.
- Verifies and releases payments as they relate to Funding Desk activity.
- Verifies and releases manual payments input in either via SWIFT or other online payments systems.
- Monitors the inter-day USD position and reconciles end of day balance with the Funding Desk.
- Inputs certificates of deposit, commercial paper and delivery instructions.
- Monitors the intra-day cash positions at the issuing and paying agent for the Certificate of Deposits and Commercial Paper programs and arranges funds transfers as necessary.
- Prepares new customer data and performs OFAC Check verification. Sends new customer data and Standard Settlement Instructions and updates to Head Office for processing in Calypso; updates customer records and corrects any differences reported by the Head Office.
- Assists Accounting with the investigation and reconciliation of open items for the Nostro account and the Loan IQ settlement account.
- Reconciles and matches all SWIFT confirmations.
- Investigates all “failed Payments” and arranges for proper compensation.
- Reconciles Broker bills on a monthly basis.
- Prepares various reconciliation reports between the branch records and statements received from custodial banks.
- 2+ years of hands on back office operations experience in securities and derivatives.
- Experience with Calypso, SWIFT, Kondor+ or similar systems
- Good basic accounting skills.
- Must be very detail-oriented and a good team player
- Excellent PC skills (MS: Excel, Outlook, Access, Teams, Windows)
- A completed college degree strongly preferred