Treasury Operations Specialist
277 Park Avenue New York, NY 10017 US
You will work as part of a small tight-knit operations team supporting all back office related work for a Funding Desk.
Amazing work environment with an organization that offers very competitive compensation.
This is a tremendous career opportunity grow your career with a premiere boutique International Organization that offers career stability, amazing benefits (e.g. 100% bank paid healthcare, generous PTO, a huge 401K match,…), and a very good work life balance.
Positions like this do not become available very often, so please contact us with your CV/resume ASAP.
In summary, you will maintain all records as they pertain to the securities portfolio and prepare or release payment messages (SWIFT, Kondor +, Calypso, or Fed Transfers).
- Maintains all money market and securities confirmations and records.
- Verifies and releases payments as they relate to Funding Desk activity.
- Verifies and releases manual payments input in either via SWIFT or other online payments systems.
- Monitors the inter-day USD position and reconciles end of day balance with the Funding Desk.
- Inputs certificates of deposit, commercial paper and delivery instructions.
- Monitors the intra-day cash positions at the issuing and paying agent for the Certificate of Deposits and Commercial Paper programs and arranges funds transfers as necessary.
- Prepares new customer data and performs OFAC Check verification. Sends new customer data and Standard Settlement Instructions and updates to Head Office for processing in Calypso; updates customer records and corrects any differences reported by the Head Office.
- Assists Accounting with the investigation and reconciliation of open items for the Nostro account and the Loan IQ settlement account.
- Reconciles and matches all SWIFT confirmations.
- Investigates all “failed Payments” and arranges for proper compensation.
- Reconciles Broker bills on a monthly basis.
- Prepares various reconciliation reports between the branch records and statements received from custodial banks.
- 2+ years of hands on back office operations experience in securities and derivatives.
- Experience with Calypso, SWIFT, Kondor+ or similar systems
- Good basic accounting skills.
- Must be very detail-oriented and a good team player
- Excellent PC skills (MS: Excel, Outlook, Access, Teams, Windows)
- A completed college degree strongly preferred