Treasury Balance Sheet Manager
280 Park Avenue New York, NY 10017 US
This is an opportunity to own Money Market Balance Sheet Management for a smaller yet high volume Foreign Bank.
This is a very high profile role within the NY Branch and a tremendous career opportunity with an organization that hires the best of the best and offers a platinum level benefits package.
In summary, you will:
- Manage the interest rate and liquidity risk of the New York Branch.
- Monitor all market and liquidity risk positions to assure that limits are not breached and adjust risk taking limits as market conditions change
- Work directly with the Liquidity Manager to determine volume, tenor and pricing levels for liability products.
- Coordinate funding between NY Branch and Head Office.
- Maintain bank and non-bank relationships in order to remain current on global, political, economic, and financial trends.
- Provide operational oversight to the securities portfolio as per approved procedures while reporting any notable changes in the credit or market risk profile.
- Produce reports as necessary while assuring that all data is current and accurate, including the calculation of the Daily P&L for the Funding Desk; and, coordinate activities to assure proper P&L and position reporting for NY Branch and Head Office recipients.
- Work directly with other areas within the branch to assure that the operational efficiency of the Funding Desk is maximized, including the Risk Management Department in order to determine budgeted VaR and Sensitivity Limit requirements.
- Serve as Chairman of the NY Branch ALCO providing the liquidity status of the branch at local ALCO meetings; and participate on the Operations Steering Committee.
- Manage the Federal Reserve Bank and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency collateral requirements.
- Confer with the General Manager, the Head of Group Treasury Markets, and Liquidity Manager regarding policies, procedures and strategies.
- Ensure that the Funding Desk is in compliance with regulatory agency requirements.
- Prepare Funding Desk budget in coordination with the General Manager and Head of Group Treasury Markets.
- In conjunction with the Liquidity Manager, update Funding Desk Policies and Procedures and seek the necessary policy approvals from NY Branch Management and Group Treasury Markets.
- Provide operational back-up for the Liquidity Manager in their absence.
- 10+ years’ experience in Treasury with a focus on Balance Sheet Management
- Hands-on Money Market Funding expertise
- Experience working for the NY Branch of a Foreign Bank strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or related course of study preferred.
- Deep understanding of Risk Management disciplines and strategies.
- Excellent analytical, communication skills
- Excel, Access, VBA
- Highly organized and capable of dealing with many tasks at once