System Engineer- BigFix SME
New York, NY 10017 US
We are hiring for an immediate hire long term contract opportunity for a System Engineer with strong HCL/IBM BigFix skills and experience (SME).
You will be embedded within the IT Infrastructure team administering and supporting key IT Infrastructure systems.
This is a long term contract consultancy working on-site at a high end mid-sized financial firm in midtown Manhattan.
- HCL/IBM Bigfix (or IBM Endpoint Manager or Tivoli Endpoint Manager - TEM) experience including expertise with automating of functions such as server & workstation deployment and patches using Bigfix (Fixlets experience), defining Configuration Items (CIs) and auto-discovery of CIs and populating the Bigfix database; including experience building Bigfix Compliance and Inventory modules.
- Windows System Administration Skills (Windows Server 2016, Active Directory, Group Policy, Powershell scripting,...)
- Linux Red Hat
- Vulnerability remediation including experience with audits.
- VMware ESXi, CISCO UCS or other virtual platform experience
- Coordinating with other related process and functional groups: Change Management, Asset Management, Service Desk,...
- Ensuring information is protected, backed-up, and optimized
- Strong organizational / project management skills (this is not a PM role) in an enterprise corporate environment including financial services and/or banking project experience
- Very strong communication and presentation skills as you will be participating and leading project meetings with executive management