Server/Network Engineering Manager
New York, NY 10017 US
Top Tier Mid-Sized Financial Organization seeks IT Infrastructure Vice President with strong project management experience to run small engineering group (Server, Network, Cyber Security Engineering).
You will be responsible for the designing, engineering, executing, and providing escalated (3rd level) engineering support of all server, storage, network, data center, data protection, virtualization, orchestration, and automation technology.
You will be leading and mentoring a small team of highly technical engineers in executing the department's multi-year plan that aligns the network, systems and communications architecture with evolving business needs for:
- IT Continuity Management
- Availability Management and Capacity Management
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
You will manage and provide guidance for advanced technical work in the design, acquisition, installation, integration, operation, and maintenance of integrated enterprise server/systems and network/cyber security infrastructure:
You will develop comprehensive strategy and plans to make, buy, integrate, or acquire new infrastructure technology to maximize the value of the technology portfolio, working with the development team on projects across the enterprise.
Assist the IT Director with the preparation of quarterly and yearly business reports.
Participate in long-range strategies and planning for technical architecture and operations.
- 8+ years of networking/server experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience designing and architecting small to mid sized, multi-site networks that are scalable, highly-available, and secure.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise with Windows Server 2016, Exchange 2013, Active Directory, VMware, CISCO UCS, VDI Horizon View, Cyber Security, SQL Server 2016, CISCO networking, DHCP, DNS required.
- Knowledge and expertise of Red Hat Linux, Palo Alto nexgen firewalls, CISCO Firepower, Logrythm SIEM, Carbon Black/Bit9 preferred but not required.
- Strong formal presentation skills.
- High level of initiative as you will be a critical thought leader driving appropriate business management associated processes.
- Related Cisco (CCIE, CCNA) and/or Microsoft (MCSE) certifications preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree with Computer Science or related course of study