Senior QA Analyst
New York, NY 10017 US
We are hiring for Senior QA Analyst role.
You will perform manual system, black box functional, regression, load and UI testing for applications development team focusing on desktop and web applications built in .NET on a long term consultancy starting inJanuary 2021.
Working in a small, tight knit IT Applications Development Team, you will participate in SDLC, implementing QA methodologies with testing teams and project managers, developers, and business analysts to achieve efficient software development.
Due to COVID this role is 100% remote but you may need to attend a few days of training on-site in Midtown Manhattan so you must be a local candidate.
In summary, you will perform:
- Static Testing of requirement documents such as BRD, FSD and Data Mapping Document for completeness, consistency and testability.
- Identifying the Testing Scope and designing Functional (GUI), Non-functional (SQL, ETL) and Roles/Permissions Security test cases.
- Independently preparing the QA Test Environment, including but not limited to activities such as database restore/backup and deployment of application builds such as executable files, database objects and configurations files.
- Dynamic Testing by executing the Test Cases, Retesting and Regression Testing.
- Documenting and maintaining QA artifacts such as Test Cases, Test Queries, Test Data and Test Evidence.
- Ensuring Requirement Coverage by creating linkages between test cases and requirements.
- Convert Business and Functional Requirements into Test Scenarios and Test Cases, designing test plans, scenarios, scripts and procedures based on business requirement and functional specifications
- Convert Roles/Permissions Matrix and Business Process Workflows into Test Cases
- Create and execute test cases manually
- Document software defects and report defects to developers and project managers
- Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, screen, or content
- Monitor bug solution, efforts and track successes
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Participate in product design reviews providing input on functional requirements, production design schedules or potential problems
- Review software documentation to ensure technically accuracy, compliance, or completeness and to mitigate risks
- Analyze extensive data, identify discrepancies and inconsistencies and recommend a course of corrective action
- Convert Data Mapping Document into SQL Queries to validate data transformations from source to target during ETL (Extract Transform Load) process
- 5+ years of experience performing both functional and non-functional testing tasks.
- Financial Services / Banking industry QA experience
- Experience with HP ALM/QC Team Collaboration Tool
- Strong knowledge of Software Development and Testing Life Cycles (SDLC, STLC).
- Experienced in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Experience converting Business and Functional Requirements into Test Scenarios and Test Cases; converting Roles/Permissions Matrix and Business Process Workflows into Test Cases; converting Data Mapping Document into SQL Queries to validate data transformations from source to target during ETL (Extract Transform Load) process.
- Experience in both sequential (Waterfall) and iterative (Agile) project management methodologies.
- Some experience with TFS, Linux, PuTTY, WinSCP, UFT, VBScript, Selenium and Python preferred
- Completed Bachelor's degree in with Computer Science or related course of study