Senior Credit Analyst
New York, NY 10017 US
High Profile International Bank in Manhattan seeks a Senior Credit Analyst with Energy/Oil/Gas experience.
Tremendous full-time direct hire career opportunity with an International Bank that offers a great work environment, interesting projects and competitive compensation.
You will be responsible for developing analytical reports for existing and potential clients for senior management, using the bank credit and risk strategy guidelines to make an accurate assessment of the borrowers' credit, management, operational and financial status. This will include independently preparing intensive credit reviews with detailed analysis to include financial analysis, cash flow extractions, projections, ratio analysis and recommendations.
In summary, you will:
- Prepare detailed and accurate credit analysis on existing and potential clients, including spreading of financial statements using Moody’s Risk Analyst software to independently prepare intensive credit reviews.
- Utilize multiple trustworthy sources of data in order to make a fair and balanced assessment of the borrowers' credit, management, operational and financial capabilities
- Attend client meetings with Relationship Managers in order to review the publication of quarterly financial statements and earnings calls to monitor changing credit conditions of existing/target clients and recommend appropriate action.
- Coordinate and collaborate with marketing, accounting and operations departments to effect good bi-directional flow of information to ensure a smooth and efficient credit process without compromising credit quality.
- Utilization of multiple media outlets to gather and synthesize relevant data pertaining to existing and potential customers into reports
- Provide data to Relationship Managers regarding credit worthiness of potential clients and provide advice to Credit Administration on credit related issues.
- Working with the Credit Department help to prepare the Quarterly Portfolio Review and other materials required by Risk Committee.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of compliance data with respect to existing/prospect clients.
- 4+ years of Credit Analyst experience with Formal Credit Training preferred but not required.
- Corporate credit analysis experience required with Energy/Oil/Gas sector experience strongly preferred.
- Moody's Analytics training and Moody’s Risk Analyst software
- Extensive knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, and related financial statements.
- Strong analytical skills; excellent writing skills; experience working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of related bank products and services.
- Strong aptitude gauging industry and market trends.
- Completed bachelor's degree with Finance, Math or related course of study, MBA preferred but not required.