Risk Management Analyst (Data Governance)
New York, NY 10017 US
A very high profile but mid-sized Asset Management firm seeks Risk Management Analyst with strong Data Governance experience.
This is a direct hire full-time role with a company that offers competitive compensation in addition to a phenomenal benefits package.
In this role you will play an important role implementing the enterprise data strategy and Key Data Element (KDE) management; this will include establishing and maintaining business data specifications and requirements, SOPs and data standards.
In summary you will have three areas of focus:
1. Data Strategy Execution
- Work with Business Groups to create responsibility matrices for end to end processes that impact Enterprise level KDEs.
- Partner with IT to implement data standards, business rules and DQ issues and escalation procedures.
- Facilitate and support education and ongoing training in Enterprise data management policies and procedures.
- Document complete lifecycle processes for KDEs and contribute to Enterprise Master Data Management Strategy as it relates to data mining, sourcing and reporting.
2. Metadata Management:
- Be the SME on enterprise data domains and attributes. Work with functional units to identify business terms, define rules and standards, lineage mapping and socialize progress among stakeholders throughout the branch.
- Develop and maintain data conceptual and logical glossaries and work with IT to develop or relate technical glossaries.
- Work with Business Process Owners and the Data Governance User Groups to identify, classify and define each assigned KDE and ensure that each element has a clear and unambiguous definition.
- Initiate and oversee changes (such as creation, modification, deletion) to KDEs, recommend the prioritization and identify the impact for the key stakeholders.
- Document and maintain data calculation rules, data sourcing rules, data transformation rules and data lineage in a centralized data governance repository.
3. Data Quality Management:
- Partner with the Data Quality Manager to facilitate and support Enterprise-wide data quality improvement initiatives.
- Partner with Data Custodians, Business Process owners and IT data to ensure data used for regulatory and managerial and operational reporting is fit for purpose.
- Document potential data quality issues, and manage data issue remediation and control processes.
- Extensive business process and/or data management relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Management Program as well as a sound understanding of metadata management, data quality concepts and familiarity with regulatory requirements of the financial services industry
- Deep experience with relational databases, metadata modeling and taxonomy concepts
- Experience in process design (including Green Belt or Black Belt certification) preferred
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related (math, engineering,...) course of study