Operational Risk Management Analyst
399 Park Avenue , 10th Floor New York, NY 10017 US
High Profile mid-sized Financial Firm seeks Operational Risk Management Analyst.
This is a direct hire full-time hybrid onsite 2 days per week role with a company in midtown Manhattan that offers competitive compensation in addition to a phenomenal benefits package.
You will embedded in a Business Group owning operational risk for the business unit.
In summary, you will actively identify, measure, mitigate, and manage the operational risks associated with the normal business activities and strategic initiatives.
- Perform periodic Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) and partner with the Risk Management Group to set up appropriate control testing
- Take ownership and manage the monthly collection and reporting of Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and work with Risk Department to review and modify KRIs/KPIs as necessary.
- Support and maintain a proactive and robust operational risk management program.
- Control and maintain policies and procedures for the business group and ensure they are in compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards and branch and head office requirements.
- Participate in and provide ongoing support for audit (internal and external) and regulatory reviews and inquires.
- Support and coordinate for all new product/services related matters (such as market research, system feasibility, accounting treatment, internal and external workflow and legal documentation).
- Manage projects, supporting and preparing Business Requirement Definition (“BRD”), work with Product Management Office and the team, creating test scripts and coordinate UAT.
- Identify group’s business needs and determine/propose necessary action to be taken.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with the ability to report and present Operational Risk Management data to management.
- Must have strong knowledge of Operational Risk Management (ORM) functions within a financial institution; this should include: Business Continuity, RCSAs, KRIs, KPIs, IT Risk
- Strong technical skills with VBA, Excel, SQL, PowerPoint, Identity Access Management (IAM),.
- Knowledge of front office, middle office, back office and IT from an Operational Risk Management Banking Operations, Loan Administration / Loan Operations, Fund Finance, Treasury and/or Capital Markets viewpoint.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related quantitative course of study (Mathematics, Economics,...) preferred.