1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10017 US
High Profile mid-sized Asset Management Company in Manhattan* seeks Network Engineer to build, improve and support enterprise networks including Data Center engineering, campus LAN support, security hardening and network access control.
This is a direct hire full-time position with an international firm that offers very competitive compensation (base + bonus) in addition to a very strong benefits package.
In this role you will:
- Support all routing & switching of LAN and WAN
- Daily support of Cisco ACI network core, leaf / access switches
- Create network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems
- Support network stability on a Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and legacy structured environment- Border Gateway Protocol, Open Shortest Path First, Network Address Translation, Lan to Lan Virtual Private Network (L2L VPN) and Remote Access (Global Protect)
- Handle sizing, availability and HA for Cisco ACI, Cisco legacy routers, and switches
- Configure equipment to support corporate initiatives including new wireless initiative, M365 integration, and AWS integration
- Manage and perform emergency work as necessary after hours or on weekends
- Complete technology refresh for End-of-Life equipment
- Implement appropriate changes, updates, and upgrades in response to vulnerabilities and incursions
- Support the process owners for Network Security, Threat and Vulnerability Management and Security Information and Event Management; develop and maintain procedures related to these processes
- Assist in developing strategies and solutions for remediating audit issues and ensure remediation activities are tracked and completed by due dates, as well as prepare reports for management.
- Organize network incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Assure that run books and documentation, including network diagrams, are current and correct
- Support resiliency and disaster recovery by participating in Disaster Recovery planning and drills
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related (math, engineering,...) course of study
- 5+ years of experience supporting and designing data center networks
- In-depth knowledge of Data Center Networking and various Cisco components (ACI, ACS, ISE, wireless)
- Routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, IP, WANs, LANs, NAT
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Experience with firewalls: Palo Alto and/or Cisco ASA
- Virtual platform systems experience, F5 load balancers
- CCIE and/or CISSP certification preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Visio
- Must be flexible to work occasional weekends for tech deployments
*this role is hybrid onsite in Manhattan 2-3 days per week