New York, NY 10017 US
We are hiring for a long term consultancy, working onsite for a mid-sized High Profile Asset Management Firm in Manhattan (remote until Covid-19 is resolved) as a Network Engineer. You will provide routing, switching, and WAN/LAN support, including CISCO ISE, engineering maintaining and supporting the corporate data networks.
In summary, you will:
- Create, maintain and implement designs for the WAN, LAN, and data center networks (backbone / data network / data center)
- Design, integrate and support solutions involving the network, server and end-point protection into the cyber security framework.
- Provide support during incident response and forensic analysis.
- Analyze business objectives and incorporate them into solutions that will be a part of network and security framework
- Assess the underlying IT environment within the organization to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operation cost, or better support business processes.
- Document and update network design and network topology with any changes for equipment, systems, or engineering design.
- 5+ years of experience leading and supporting enterprise network solutions
- In-depth knowledge of network best practices and various CISCO components (Cisco ACI, APIC, NEXUS, UCS), monitoring (Solarwinds) and IP Management tools.
- Experience with Palo Alto GlobalProtect strongly preferred
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols with an advanced understanding of routing protocols such as but not limited to OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP.
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls and next generation firewalls such as Palo Alto and Cisco FirePOWER strongly preferred.
- Scripting, penetration testing, and vulnerability management tools
- Some related VMware, virtual platform systems experience such as HP or EMC, load balancers (F5).
- Ability to create accurate system diagrams and documentation for the design and planning of network systems.
- Completed Bachelor's degree with Computer Science, Engineering or related course of study strongly preferred