Internal Bank Auditor
New York, NY 10017 US
Mid-sized Asset Management Firm seeks Internal Auditor (officer level - AVP).
This is a full time direct hire role with an expanding financial services company that offers interesting work, opportunity for promotion, competitive compensation 120-130K+ bonus and great benefits package.
You will perform audits including preparation of detailed work papers supporting the audit results and audit report inclusive of management action plans.
In summary you will:
- Assess the internal control environment as part of various assigned audits; perform audits including preparation of detailed work papers supporting the audit results and audit report inclusive of management action plans.
- Help execute the entire audit process (including but not limited to, audit planning, risk assessment, continuous monitoring and issue tracking) as part of assigned audits. As necessary, perform audit work or manage more junior Internal Audit resources, this may include managing a cross-functional team of internal auditors and/or consultants.
- Ensure that all audit documentation for projects within the scope of the responsibilities for the role are adequately and timely documented and signed off prior to report issuance and in anticipation of Quality Assurance reviews.
- Contribute to the strengthening of the Internal Audit function by introducing innovative audit concepts and techniques (CAATs,...) to all audits performed and by training other members of the Internal Audit in areas of expertise, including internal control best practices
- Advance the internal control environment through appropriate challenges and the identification, reporting and tracking of high-impact risk issues that align with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- 5+ years of auditing experience, business experience in auditing front office business activities (Sales/Trading, Lending) and related support functions (operations, market/ credit risk, etc.) and the regulatory environment specific to these areas.
- Strong technical account, business and auditing background with substantial experience and knowledge of the banking industry; prior experience in Trust, Custody, and Securities Lending a plus.
- Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point Internet Explorer, and Visio.
- An active professional certification in public accounting or internal auditing is required (CPA, CIA)
- Bachelor's Degree or an advanced degree with Accounting or in related course of study preferred, Master's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.