IT Support Supervisor
1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10017 US
Top Asset Management Firm seeks hands-on IT Support Supervisor for a small IT support team.
This is a hands-on supervisory role where you will be responsible for the support of infrastructure and banking applications including being responsible for the operations support, monitoring, designing, engineering, execution and expert level three (Tier/Level 3) desktop support of all server, storage, network, data center, data protection, orchestration, automation technologies and managing the virtual desktop infrastructure.
Tremendous career opportunity with stable organization that offers a competitive compensation (base salary + bonus) and an excellent benefits package.
This is a hybrid onsite role that requires onsite work 2 days per week in Midtown Manhattan.
In summary, you will:
- Manage the desktop support team's day-to-day activities
- Support M365 environment
- Perform hands on activities on daily batch job and periodic system job events
- Create and update documentation on process, procedure and run-books
- Supervise back up tape, archive, and data retention control in a hands-on capacity.
- Supervise the support of the incident ticket system
- Prepare various reports on incident and problem ticket metrics and IT security control
- Perform and supervise systems IT Operations project tasks and technical operations related to access/ID control
- Support market data services including working with vendors regarding service and billing
- Develop and enhance IT policies and procedures
- Assist with IT risk and compliance analysis, research IT regulatory standards and best practices
- Manage the asset inventory database
- 5+ years of experience in related Supervisory/Management Help Desk/Desktop Support/Operations role within financial services industry
- Strong technical skills that include: Microsoft Office, PC hardware, M365, ServiceNow, antivirus and general desktop end point security, VMWare Horizon View, SQL, Exchange, Windows Server, Active Directory, TCP/IP, IIS, market data (Bloomberg, Reuters,...), back-ups, and data warehousing
- Strong systems documentation skills including related policies and procedures; risk and compliance documentation
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related (math, engineering,...) course of study