IT Business Analyst Consultancy
New York, NY 10017 US
We are hiring a Business Analyst with strong applications development, integration and support experience for a long term consulting role working onsite in Midtown Manhattan (currently remote due to Covid with Hybrid return to office 1-2 days per week in January 2022).
You will be work as part of the IT Applications Development group and be responsible for the system analysis, functional requirement document and technical design document for an applications development project.
Thus you will communicate with application subject matter experts and line of business staff members during the analysis process.
In summary, you will:
- Assist business units with stating the business case for applications projects
- Gather, translate, simplify, analyze and organize requirements
- Participate in the translation of user needs into effective technical requirements and test cases
- Plan and monitor of projects
- Stable work history that includes 3+ years of experience as business analyst developing and successfully releasing applications
- The ability to read and understand VB.NET/C# and SQL code (MS SQL Server); the ideal profile is someone who started their career in applications development / programming but you will not do any actual coding.
- Must have very strong knowledge from a Business Analyst perspective of applications development, Visual Studio, .NET Framework, API use and implementation, database design, database normalization, database query building, SQL Server stored procedures, views and triggers development
- Some related experience working with data warehouses, Cognos, data governance preferred but not required.
- Financial Services or banking industry experience required with some project exposure to payments and treasury / capital markets systems preferred
- Completed Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related course of study preferred.