Human Resources Payroll Specialist
New York, NY 10017 US
High Profile Bank seeks hands-on Human Resources Payroll Analyst to take ownership of Payroll programs.
This is a full-time direct hire role with a high end mid-sized financial firm that offers competitive compensation (65-75K+) and a great benefits package.
You will be responsible for overseeing the payroll function and related reporting while providing backup to Benefits Administrator and the HR Generalists:
In summary, you will:
- Execute payroll; enter and maintain accurate employee data in ADP Workforce Now and process payroll in a timely and accurate manner
- Reconcile payroll accounts and related reports on a semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Analyze payroll data and use the ADP tools to streamline workflow and drive continuous improvement of processes
- Generate reports and develop ad-hoc reports
- Perform regular payroll audits to ensure the accuracy of all payroll data
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll related matters
- Cross train other HR staff members on payroll systems
- Manage Suspense Accounts to ensure accuracy and timely reconciliation.
- Serve as a primary back up to the Benefits team; helping to process invoice payments and entering data into to various benefits portals for enrollments, changes, and terminations, COBRA or Health Insurance premium invoicing, benefits administration,...
- Completed BA/BS degree
- 2+ Human Resources work experience in a support function capacity including extensive direct payroll experience in a corporate environment
- Must have experience with ADP Workforce Now or other similar payroll systems and have good basic accounting skills
- Experience and familiarity of HRIS systems helpful
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience working in Asset Management/Banking/Finance preferred
- Extensive understanding of regulations and applicable laws regarding payroll and benefits
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills