Human Resources Benefits Administrator
New York New York, NY 10017 US
Are you ready to administer the benefit programs for a Human Resources group at a small, very high profile Financial Boutique in Manhattan?!
High Profile Asset Management Company seeks Junior Human Resources professional to administer Benefit Programs.
This is a full-time direct hire role with an expanding mid-sized financial firm that offers competitive compensation (55-65K+) and a great benefits package.
You will be responsible for taking ownership of benefits administration and act as a back-up to the payroll specialist.
In summary, you will:
- Prepare and support the planning, the communication and the administration of the benefit plans.
- Administer all employee benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance, disability, supplemental plans, 401(k), and NQDC; act as a point of contact for all benefits related matters.
- Process and maintain employee enrollment records and documents including enrollment, life event changes, enrollment terminations, beneficiary information,… in accordance with plan documents and federal, state, and local regulations, such as HIPPA, COBRA, and FMLA.
- Administer leave of absence programs and documentation for employees (FMLA, NYPFL, NJFLI, Short-term and Long-term disability, and unpaid absences).
- Organize and conduct annual Open Enrollment presentation for benefit selection and coordinates with HRIS and benefit vendors to ensure data integrity.
- Reconcile benefits statements and process benefits invoices.
- Assist with administration of the Health, 401(k) Plan, and NQDC plan, including compliance, documentation changes, testing, and audit; coordinating related committee meetings for the 401(k) Plan and the Non-Qualified Plan.
- In a backup capacity you will manage the payroll process, including local and expat payrolls; preparing monthly personnel expense reports and other financial reports, preparing/approving General ledger tickets and bank reconciliations, processing entries, changes and processing funds related to payroll transmission, 401(k), HSA,…
- Prepare and maintains spreadsheets and other documents for HR operational functions.
- Assist with all HR events including Wellness Activities, Health Fairs, Corporate Challenge, Holiday Party,…
- Completed college degree with Human Resources Management or related liberal arts course of study
- 1+ years of benefits and/or payroll administration experience.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, ADP Workforce Now (or similar payroll system), QuickBooks and Concur.
- Good oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.