Head of Technology- Hedge Fund
Stamford, CT 06902 Stamford, CT 06902
High Profile mid-sized Fund seeks a hands-on Head of Technology.
This is full time direct hire role working for a smaller expanding firm that offer interesting project work and competitive compensation.
You will manage a small team of technologists responsible for IT Applications Development and Infrastructure, working with various business units to develop, maintain, implement, and support business processes as well as information reporting
In summary, you will manage:
- Development, maintenance and production support of existing trading, portfolio management and operations systems.
- Build custom front-end reporting tools integrating with existing back-end systems.
- Participate in the analysis and recommendation of deploying third-party solutions (build vs. buy).
- Review existing computer programs and recommend refinements, improvements, and enhancements to ensure most efficient methods are employed.
- Meet with clients during onsite due diligence visits to present technology operations materials, an overview of current controls and and current or planned changes to IT, including Cyber Security, Disaster Recovery and Regulatory Controls.
- Work with Compliance and Legal to prepare deliverables requested by Regulators and present those materials during onsite visits.
- Extensive experience developing, supporting and managing financial systems for Mutual Fund, Hedge Fund or Asset Management industry.
- Strong understanding of financial services including asset classes, instruments, workflows and products.
- Hands-on experience with .NET, VB Script, JAVA, SQL Server (stored procedures, sophisticated query design, database structure design & SQL Server Reporting Services).
- IT Infrastructure background including Desktop/Server/Network
- Experience with the following preferred: Portfolio Management, Order Management Systems (OMS), Accounting and Market Data Applications (Bloomberg, Factset,...)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related course of study