Head of IT
280 Park Avenue New York, NY 10017 US
High Profile International Bank seeks an experienced IT Manager to be the Head of IT.
This is an amazing career opportunity for an experienced IT Leader to manage all aspects of technology for a very small but very high end New York Branch.
You will plan, direct and manage IT to ensure the development and implementation systems to support the current and future needs of the branch
This will include managing and enhancing policies and procedures for information technology, including Cybersecurity, and supporting all IT related projects.
Very stable bank that offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits and career stability.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure effective and consistent operation of all systems.
- Acts as a Security Administrator (checks weekly, monthly security reports).
- Serves as Chairperson of the New York Branch Security Incident Response Team (appointed by the Managing Board) as set forth in the New York Branch Security Incident Response Plan.
- Local Data Protection Manager (DPM) for GDPR.
- Safeguards the integrity of the branch’s information.
- Plans, manages and prioritizes projects, which includes defining objectives and cost requirements.
- Provides management with regular status reports.
- Establishes IT solutions as required to support business strategy.
- Exercises administrative control over IT staff.
- In a hands-on capacity, regularly performs systems analysis, program analysis and in a back-up capacity, system administration. These systems related responsibilities include:
*Evaluating current and proposed systems and programs
*Recommending changes, reviewing departmental requests for additional systems and upgrades
*Providing advisory services to other department heads in order to implement requests with a view towards centralizing control, minimizing expense and providing reliable and timely service to each department
*Identifying impact on current planned resources
*Supervising systems and operational support as required
*Ensuring that a proper system backup schedule is in place for recovery purpose
*Monitoring Cybersecurity related activities for the branch, including periodic scheduling of external and internal penetration testing
- Acts as liaison with vendors, which may include evaluating and coordinating the purchase, rent, lease acquisition of computer products and services to meet the branch’s IT needs.
- Plans and tests disaster recovery at DR facility
- Conducts semi-annual information security / cybersecurity awareness training.
- Contributes to New York Branch safety and soundness by participating in all compliance-related E-Learning, semi-annual BSA training, semi-annual Cybersecurity training, annual Volcker Rule training and Securities Compliance training).
- A broad understanding of banking systems, project management, Cybersecurity and Disaster Recovery
- 5+ years banking IT management including extensive experience managing vendors, proposals, budgets, and SLA’s
- Extensive experience in Active Directory, VMWare, Checkpoint, RSA Secure ID, Blue Coat web proxy, NetApp iSCSI SANS, SQL, WebFocus, Cisco switches & routers, basic knowledge of IBM AS400 (preferred but not required), and banking applications analysis and administration.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related course of study preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.