Endpoint Security Engineer
New York, NY 10017
We are hiring an Endpoint Security Engineer for a long term contract consultancy working on-site* in midtown Manhattan.
In a very hands-on capacity you will responsible for the support and administration of several core network security tools... interesting projects, very professional and high-end environment. There is the possibility of converting to full-time after 6-9 months.
In summary you will be responsible for the implementation, engineering, and management of security initiatives related to the end-point devices, evaluation and adoption of new systems. You will also perform other related security tasks such as Palo Alto firewall administration.
- 3+ years of experience implementing Vulnerability Management solutions, including knowledge of Tenable/Nessus vulnerability scanning tools is required.
- Endpoint management and best practices: McAfee AV, Carbon Black, and LogRhythm
- Good Project Management skills
- Some related Palo Alto Firewall administration (Panorama), network security, operations and management best practices preferred
- Understanding of network design, infrastructure, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Knowledge of enterprise patching / updates is a must
- Some related scripting skills (Python,...)
- Tenable training and CISSP strongly preferred but not required
- Completed Bachelor’ s degree with Computer Science or related (math, engineering,...) course of study
*currently this role is 100% remote due to Covid