Endpoint Security Engineer
New York, NY 10017 US
We are hiring an Endpoint Security Engineer for a long term contract consultancy working on-site in midtown Manhattan.
In a very hands-on capacity you will responsible for the support and administration of several core network security tools... interesting projects, very professional and high-end environment. There is the possibility of converting to full-time after 6-9 months.
In summary you will be responsible for the implementation, engineering, and management of security initiatives related to the end-point devices, evaluation and adoption of new systems. You will also perform other related security tasks such as Palo Alto firewall administration.
- 3+ years of experience implementing Vulnerability Management solutions, including knowledge of Tenable/Nessus vulnerability scanning tools is required.
- Endpoint management and best practices.
- Good Project Management skills
- Palo Alto Firewall administration, network security, operations and management best practices.
- Basic network design and infrastructure
- Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Knowledge of enterprise patching / software rollouts is a must and IBM BigFix experience is preferred.
- Tenable training and CISSP strongly preferred.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related (math, engineering,...) course of study
security AND vulnerability AND scanning AND monitor AND cyber
"Palo Alto" AND Cisco AND (firesight OR firewpower) AND firewall AND "client VPN" AND "Multi-Factor Authentication" AND "IP space administration" AND ("Next-generation" OR "NGFW") AND "Network Access Control" AND Cisco ISE"
3+ years of work experience supporting enterprise security solutions including experience with next generation firewalls such as Palo Alto and Cisco FireSIGHT/FirePOWER
Must have in-depth knowledge of network security best practices and various tools (Cisco VPN, Palo Alto VPN, Cisco ACS, Cisco ISE, NGFW, Solarwinds, IP Management tools, WireShark,...).