Corporate Actions Specialist
1221 Avenue of the Americas , 10th Floor New York, NY 10017 US
This is a direct hire full-time role with a Premier mid-sized Financial Organization that offers competitive compensation and a great benefits package.
This is a hybrid onsite role that requires onsite work 2 days per week in Midtown Manhattan.
In summary, you will:
- Notify corporate events to custody clients and securities lending partners: Global Securities Lending Solutions (GSLS), Third Party Custodians and Borrowers.
- Track corporate action (CA) events and elections custody clients and securities lending partners (GSLS, Third Party Custodians and Borrowers), and collect CA event responses.
- Coordinate with securities lending borrowers (up to record date) on elections and to split elections in order to receive underlying client intended elections (i.e. Cash or securities).
- Post or check CA event distribution on trust system.
- Process or check CA event election with agent or borrower and send 180 letter to SL borrowers if necessary.
- Confirm client eligibility of Class Actions and create or check notice to clients, including processing of class action claims for clients.
- Investigate and respond to client and securities lending partner inquiries, handling of client proxies (U.S. and Global).
- Hands-on relevant work experience in Corporate Actions
- Solid understanding of corporate action, class action and proxy processing (custody and securities lending activity)
- Must be versatile, able to work effectively independently or as part of a team on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook
- Flexible to work overtime from time to time as business requires.