Business System Analyst
2 Oliver Street Boston, MA 02109 US
One of the premier Financial Services Companies in Boston seeks an experienced Business System Analyst with Fixed Income experience.
This is a full time direct hire role with a bank that offers very competitive compensation (120-130K+ bonus ) and a very strong benefits package.
You will be working directly with one of the bank's business units and will participate at various levels in all technology related initiatives from inception to implementation and support.
You will document business processes, develop needs analysis, document functional & technical specifications, perform system & user acceptance testing, and effectively communicate specific financial concepts to development and testing staff.
* Design, implement and support technology initiatives related to fixed income performance measurement, attribution, analytics, risk management and reporting related systems
* Drive adoption of corporate standards & frameworks for data governance
* Provide ongoing evaluations of technology solutions and capabilities to ensure alignment with business objectives. Identify areas of risk, while monitoring the current environment, potential improvement areas, and the financial implications of those decisions
* Create documentation in support of business and technology requests
* Gather, validate, document, and facilitate implementation of business requirements for technology initiatives (includes business/data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design, and user interface designs)
* Participate in user acceptance testing and support system training / documentation
* Responsible for project leadership and project reporting standards
* Form strong working relationships with internal users - both business and technical
* Fulfill responsibilities related to production support as well as application development projects simultaneously.
* Act as liaison between business users and development resources to facilitate large and small scale changes and complex problem solving.
* Understanding of relational databases, reporting schemas, data transformations
* Intermediate skill level with SQL queries
* Prior experience in custom or off the shelf fixed income performance, attribution and risk reporting systems
* Prior experience with Wall street office, Factset, Eagle performance, risk metrics systems
* Prior experience with of data mart and ETL concepts a plus
* Knowledge of fixed income securities required
* Fixed income analytics
* Performance measurement and reporting
* Risk measurement and reporting a plus
* In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in supporting & implementing applications
* Ability to manage multiple projects and iterations with several applications simultaneously
* Must be able to perform various roles (e.g., business analyst, systems analyst, data analyst, tester)
* A proven resource in developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
* Experience with a large, functionally diverse, and informed user base that demands high quality applications
* Experience in project management or managing regular software release cycles, working with support vendors
* Experience with reporting status, milestones, deliverables regarding the project
* Must be analytical and detail oriented yet, able to conceptualize end-state solutions
* MBA/CFA with concentration in finance or technology preferred