Application Developer - Hedge Fund
Greenwich, CT 06830 US
Top Asset Management Company seeks Application Developer with strong database programming skills.
This is full time direct hire role working for an expanding mid-sized firm that offer interesting project work and competitive compensation.
In this role you will be responsible for working with various business units to develop, maintain, implement, and support business processes as well as information reporting:
- Development, maintenance and production support of existing trading & operations systems
- Build custom front-end reporting tools while integrating with existing back-end systems
- Participate in the analysis and recommendation of deploying third-party solutions (build vs. buy)
- Review existing computer programs and recommend refinements, improvements, and enhancements to ensure most efficient methods are employed
- Extensive experience developing financial systems for Mutual Fund, Hedge Fund or Asset Management industry.
- Strong understanding of financial services including asset classes, instruments, workflows and products.
- Expert Microsoft SQL server with knowledge of stored procedures, sophisticated query design, database structure design & SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Strong hands-on .NET, VB Script, JAVA experience.
- Experience with the following preferred: Portfolio Management, Order Management Systems (OMS), Accounting and Market Data Applications (Bloomberg, Factset,…)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related course of study