Application Developer (VB.NET/SQL Server)
New York, NY 10017 US
We are hiring for a long term consultancy working for us at High Profile Asset Management Company as an Application Developer.
You will participate in a high profile application development project at a mid-sized firm.
While you will be primarily focused on back-end development work on updates for a data intensive (ETL) Derivatives compliance application, this role is full-stack and you will also do some front-end development.
You will be responsible for design, documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of software applications and systems with involvement in full life cycle software development, testing and release.
You will have the opportunity to participate as a senior developer researching, conceptualizing, scheduling, designing, coding, developing, implementing, maintaining troubleshooting and debugging and documenting in-house applications.
You will also handle related database analysis and development as you will structure, implement, and maintain database systems.
This role is an immediate long term contract consulting role that is currently 100% remote but strong preference is given to local NYC area candidates who can attend occasional onsite meetings if necessary.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including experience gathering requirements, coding, testing, supporting and maintaining applications
- Understanding of Architecture patterns such as N-Tier and MVC.
- Ability to troubleshoot applications and provide root cause analysis and remediation
- Experience writing detailed documentation including design, test plans, test execution, implementation plans and implementation execution
- Financial / Banking / Insurance industry experience preferred but not required.
This role is am immediate long term contract consulting role that is currently 100% remote but strong preference is given to local NYC area candidates who can attend occasional on site meetings if necessary.