New York, NY 10017 US
You will work in a small, tight-knit Finance Department and be involved in all aspects of Accounting, including regulatory reporting, producing and verifying financial reports and statements, including trial balance, general ledger and reserve requirements.
This is an amazing immediate hire contract/contract-to-hire career opportunity with a small, boutique International Bank.
Career opportunities with premiere International Banks like this are few and far between. If you want to work for a high end company with a corporate culture of professionalism, collegiality and collaboration, then please contact us ASAP.
In summary, you will:
- Prepare the daily income statement and balance sheet.
- Prepare Head Office reports (Liquidity Report, Solvency Report,...)
- Prepare Nostro account and brokerage account reconciliations.
- Maintain the daily calculation for reserve requirements and the preparation of the weekly reserve reports.
- Maintain the daily calculation for the asset pledge requirements.
- Responsible for the accounts payable function; select invoices for payment and code the entries to be debited, assist in the Accounts payable processing and digitally file invoices.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of entries and reports.
- Review the accuracy of the information in the system through the maintenance of spreadsheets.
- The information checked for accuracy includes: daily income by profit center, daily loan interest income and cost of funds by loan, revaluation of securities, futures and options positions and gap funding adjustments.
- Hands-on accounting and reporting experience with a Foreign Bank is strongly preferred
- Completed Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related course of study
- Good understanding of a bank Income Statement and Balance Sheet (i.e. you must understand the financial mechanics of International Banking)
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite- including very strong Excel as you will not only analyze and prepare reports but also work to automate reporting processes.
- Experience using SAP banking systems (and SAP Fiori Accounts Payable tool) preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills, and be detail-oriented
- Able to prioritize and multi-task, demonstrates flexibility and acceptability.
- Ability to manage time, work independently, and meet deadlines.