AS/400 Business Systems Analyst
Berkeley Hts, NJ 07922 US
Top Company seeks an AS/400 Business Systems Analyst .
Nice full-time direct hire opportunity with a very stable company that offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits and interesting project work.
You will be a senior developer and business analyst in an IBMi (ie. AS/400) environment. The role will work as part of a team responsible for applications and related systems.
In summary, you will:
- Perform the analysis, definition, design, programming, development, testing, and implementation applications in a manufacturing environment. Primary development platforms would be IBMi, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Office VBA.
- Assist in the evaluation, implementation, upgrade, and support of changes to existing databases, applications, and/or SQL-related projects.
- Create and modify enterprise reporting processes, develops and maintains the necessary documentation, ensuring that all projects are developed according to established standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Responsible for performing technical problem determination, resolution and support for interfaces, databases or applications within development, test and production environments.
- Work with both IT and Business personnel throughout a global organization regarding the business and technical aspects of all applications.
- 5+ years of IT related IT experience including extensive experience with RPG/400 and ILE in an IBMi environment with source change management tools (Aldon/CMS, Softlanding/Turnover or equivalent).
- Thorough understanding of applications to support a manufacturing company including sales-to-cash, purchase-to-pay, financials, manufacturing and distribution.
- Proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Expertise in MS/Excel and Microsoft Query or VBA.
- Extensive enterprise reporting experience with a variety of data sources and reporting tools.
- CRM experience (Salesforce, Sugar, MS/Dynamics, Oracle,...)
- Business Intelligence Reporting (Cognos, Power BI, Qlik, Tableau or equivalent)
- Data Warehousing tools and techniques
- Java, VB.net, ODBC, FTP, Trusted Link EDI, eCommerce platforms (IBM Websphere Commerce or equivalent)
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience with the Software Design Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of Manufacturing operations and structure and use of information systems to support these operations.
- Understanding of data structures and database transaction/analytical/relational database models.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes that ability to create technical and user-level documentation. Effective communication with IT and Business personnel of all levels is critical.