Head of Data Governance and Data Management
New York, NY 10017 US
Mid-sized International Financial Organization seeks Head of Data Governance and Data Management.
This is a great opportunity to take ownership of Data Governance and Data Management for a very high profile company.
As the Head Data Officer and Manager of Data Governance, you will have overall accountability for defining strategy and driving execution of the Bank’s Data Governance operations, integrations, and programs.
You will ensure that the data governance policies, standards, roles, accountability and oversight necessary for sustainable data quality are in place and operating effectively while also overseeing the data reporting, and issue management processes (managing data stewardship, and data life cycle).
You will also be responsible for managing the Liquidity Regulatory Reporting functions. As the Head of the Combined US Operations Liquidity Regulatory Reporting, you will be responsible for reporting including FR 2052a and for other regulatory reporting responsibilities where CUSO coordination is required.
You will also function as Corporate Leadership Planning Group member dealing with data and regulatory reporting, relevant committee administration, and the management of relevant projects.
In summary, you will:
- Responsible for defining strategy and ensuring that the data governance framework meets the BCBS 239 requirements.
- Manage the data stewards, and coordinate data cleansing activities.
- Manage the definition and maintenance of data management policies, procedures and ensuring compliance with CUSO standards.
- Partner with IT to implement data standards, data definitions and escalation procedures.
- Ensure training, development and implementation of Data Custodians, overseeing Data Quality processes, Data Profiling and preparing the institution for Data Certification.
- Partner with Data Architects to define, develop and maintain the master data and reference data as well as provide input for the Enterprise Data Model.
- Execute the regulatory reporting in a timely and accuracy manner.
- Collaborate with relevant groups to address new and changing regulations.
- 8+ years of business process and/or data management relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Management Program as well as a sound understanding of metadata management, data quality concepts and familiarity with regulatory requirements of the financial services industry
- Extensive BCBS 239 experience
- Strong Liquidity Regulatory Reporting experience including FR 2052a
- Knowledge of KDE identification, data attributes, metadata management and lineage documentation, relational databases, metadata modeling and taxonomy concepts
- Experience in process design (Green Belt or Black Belt certification preferred)
- NET Framework, SQL, Collibra, IBM Infosphere, JIRA, Excel
- Completed Bachelor's degree with quantitative course o (math, engineering,...) course of study
- Must have supervisory skills and management experience.