Norwood, MA 02062
Tremendous career opportunity for experience Purchasing Agent to join an expanding B2B Wholesale Specialty Company.
This is a great direct hire full-time position with a company that offers competitive compensation and an superior benefits package (100% company paid healthcare, great retirement profit sharing plan,…)
You will be responsible for coordinating the purchasing of products from assigned product lines, monitoring inventory, the accuracy of orders and shipping, and comparing price/value components.
In summary, you will:
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; search and analyze alternatives.
- Purchase items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitor and expedite orders, reviewing acknowledgements from factories daily checking for correct items, pricing, discounting, dating,… to ensure that before the purchase order is shipped and invoiced that all is correct.
- Work with Logistics to optimize freight costs.
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolve discrepancies with suppliers (correct items, correct discounting, correct warehouse or ship to address,…).
- Manage back orders by reviewing back order reports daily, either run the line linking to a stocking purchase order or drop ship the items.
- Maintain the right amount of inventory at the right time to meet inventory turn goals; participate in physical inventory/cycle count process.
- Proactively seek ways to improve how the company operates; identifying opportunities to reduce lead times, optimize inventory, and implement cost-saving initiatives.
- Provide purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintain min/max levels and generate manufacturing orders; review quarterly for adjustments.
- Manage vendor relationships and provide feedback to vendors regarding price, on-time delivery, and quality.
- Communicate and coordinate with other team members to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ensure up to date pricing in the ERP system
- 5+ years of high volume B2B wholesale Purchasing experience required with a strong preference for electric supply, plumbing supply or related industry experience
- Experience owning purchasing function for product lines, building relationships and maximizing efficiencies
- Strong reporting experience (back order reports, stocking purchase order sales reports,.)
- Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred
- ERP system experience
- Experience with shipping and freight forwarders.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must possess a positive, can-do attitude