120000 - 150000 New York, NY 10017 | Full Time
Top Tier Asset Management Firm seeks Systems Engineer.
This is a senior role within a very well run Infrastructure group where you will take ownership of several mission critical systems focused on Windows Server/Virtualization.
Stable, high end but mid-sized organization that offers very competitive compensation 120-150K+ 30-40% bonus and a great benefits package.
In summary you will:
- Manage and monitor systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement fixes
- Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and reduce IT group employees time required for tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 3rd level support IT Support resolving critical software and hardware issues in a time sensitive manner
- Liaise with vendors
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role with increasing responsibility.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft applications/infrastructure: Microsoft Active Directory 2012/2016, Microsoft Office 0365 Exchange – Office 2016, Microsoft file and print services, Microsoft Windows 2007 and 2010, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS.
- VMware ESXi (5.5 – 6.5) engineering-level build and configuration experience
- Thorough knowledge of PowerShell, Python or similar scripting language
- Must be fluent with Windows networking and advanced desktop support with thorough understanding of LAN/WAN design, configuration, and administration with hands on experience with building, maintaining, troubleshooting of Servers, Workstations, Networks with the ability to evaluate and research problems/technology outside current knowledge or experience
- Understanding of secure computing environments and the ability to maintain such environments
- Experience with automation software (Puppet / Ansible) very helpful.
- Knowledge of open source solutions, including experience integrating third party API's to extend of the shelf software and management systems.
- IT experience within Asset Management/Hedge Fund/Bank/Financial services.
- Bachelor Degree with Computer Science or related course of study strongly preferred