Systems Engineer- Linux/Windows
New York , NY, 10017 New York, NY 10017
Top Tier Financial Boutique seeks Systems Engineer to take ownership of Linux/Windows ongoing support, administration and new deployments related to server infrastructure and enterprise messaging applications.
This is a direct hire full-time role with an institution that offers competitive compensation (base/bonus) in addition to an amazing benefits package (100% company paid healthcare, 4 weeks vacation,...).
You will be the primary server engineer and administrator for Linux and Windows server operating systems and infrastructure including the Microsoft Exchange environment.
In summary, you will lead a small team as a hands-on systems engineer:
- Lead a small team of engineers through daily support and critical projects
- Perform daily monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Apply patches and upgrades, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure and add new services
- Liaise and support Applications Development team with related infrastructure requirements.
- Create accurate documentation for design and planning systems.
- Contribute to and maintain system hardening standards.
- 5+ years of related enterprise server experience
- Red Hat Linux, Microsoft Exchange server 2013/16, Windows Server 2016, Active Directory, Group Policy, PowerShell, GOOD/Blackberry/iOS mobile, anti-virus systems,...
- Ability to lead a small team of engineers through daily support and critical projects creating accurate desing and planning documentation.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Helpful to have strong SQL Server skills
- Experience leading IT infrastructure related projects
- Microsoft certifications preferred and CISSP would be a plus but is not required
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related (math, engineering,...) course of study
Base/bonus plus a great benefits package