SharePoint Developer / Administrator
Boston, MA 02109 | Full Time
Top Company seeks SharePoint Developer / Administrator
This is a full-time direct hire role with a top company in Boston that offers competitive compensation up to 105K plus incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
You will be responsible for providing day-to-day technical support and administration for the SharePoint environments. This will include assessment and implementation of new capabilities as well as providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of SharePoint technology and the business needs facing the organisation.
In addition, this role will be responsible for the integration of systems and the design, creation and implementation of custom web parts, .NET user controls, custom Master templates, custom Layouts, custom Event Handlers, features and solutions used in the firm's internal and external SharePoint environments.
In summary you will:
* Define and develop software solutions by studying project requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with users, stakeholders and IT Management.
* Perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
* Develop SharePoint project plans and timeline estimations.
* Provide written and verbal status reports to IT management and be able to effectively set expectations with users.
* Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
* Provide end-user support and troubleshooting of all of SharePoint environments.
* Set-up and configuration of SharePoint services on servers and maintenance of Web front end servers and indexing servers.
* Creation and maintenance of Sites and Site Collections, as well as all associated databases.
* Installation and maintenance of any plug-in, feature, web part, template or solution, including 3rd party software or applications.
* Creation of back-up and recovery best practices, and maintaining integrity and reliability of access to information.
* Manage SharePoint end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy and security
* Implement and maintain search services, including defining search scopes.
* Stay well-versed in related technology and recommend future system enhancements, software purchases or system upgrades.
* Assist with software improvements and upgrades.
* Liaise with Network Manager and Network Engineers to assist in resolving problems with SharePoint framework, sites, and data.
* Generate website statistics and reports as needed, using custom or packaged tools.
* 3+ years of experience supporting and developing in a SharePoint 2010 or 2013 environment.
* Experience using SharePoint Designer and deploying solutions.
* Strong competency in Visual Studio Tools for Office, Windows Workflow Foundation, Forms Server and Excel Services.
* Experience with DataSourceControl, DataSourceView, Membership and Personalization.
* Experience writing stored procedures and complex queries in SQL Server 2008/2012 preferred.
* Strong knowledge of InfoPath and Visual Studio.
* Completed college degree with Computer Science or related course of study.