Senior UI Engineer (.NET) – Contract
Cambridge, MA 02138
We have a long term contract opportunity for a Senior UI Engineer who loves working with cutting edge front end technologies to build awesome user experiences.
This software platform will consist of Web, Windows and mobile applications and you will be responsible for building consistent and effective user interfaces for several software applications.
You will work with business analyst, end users and technical teams to understand the needs and create highly effective, usable and consistent user interfaces for the new software platform.
• Create wireframes, mockups and clickable prototypes,… during the development cycle for new features.
• Design elegant solutions to complex workflows and come up with multiple design/interaction interpretations of each UI.
• Act as the user advocate during the development process and offer suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
• Lead the usability testing processes and will be responsible for user acceptance of system elements during the development cycle.
• Collaborate with Product Managers, Development Team, QA, and Business Units to ensure UI meets requirements and experience expectations.
• Support the QA testing efforts to ensure the UI requirements are fulfilled.
• Act as the “go to” with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards.
• Take full ownership of projects UI design.
• A completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related course of study
• 5 plus years of UI design experience with Web, desktop and mobile applications
• Strong understanding of usability, strong visual design ability and drawing skills.
• Strong understanding and experience with user interface design patterns
• Experience designing responsive UI with Bootstrap and JQuery for different viewports.
• Experience in designing cross-browser compatible UIs
• Exceptional Hands-on experience with designing UIs for ASP.Net MVC applications and WPF applications.
• Well versed in wireframe and UI development software and tools.
• Experience with JQuery UI and Telerik controls is a plus
• Deep understanding of Web application architecture and frameworks and extensive experience in user interface development for complex systems.
• Experience and ability to build working UI quickly
• Experience in designing software applications for Biotechnology Industry preferred