Senior Systems Engineer - IBM BigFix
New York, NY 10017 | Contract
Immediate hire long term contract opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to work in Manhattan designing, deploying, configuring and managing an IBM BigFix implementation as a subject matter expert.
You will be embedded within the IT Infrastructure team taking ownership of deployment, configuration, and management of a key IT Infrastructure project.
This is a long term consultancy with secondary responsibilities including: general Network Infrastructure project engineer/project management.
* IBM BigFix (or IBM Endpoint Manager or Tivoli Endpoint Manager - TEM) experience
* Defining Configuration Items (CIs)
* Auto-discovery of CIs and populating the BigFix database
* Overseeing the deployment and management of IBM BigFix
* Ensuring data accuracy and normalization of data
* Managing relationships and building relationships with key managers and project stakeholders
* Managing the on-boarding and integration of other related tool sets
* Coordinating with other related process and functional groups: Change Management, Asset Management, Service Desk,...
* Ensuring information is protected, backed-up, and optimized
* Windows System Administration Skills (Windows Server 2008 R2/2012)
* DB administration (desired: SQL, MySQL, Informix)
* Deployment & configuration automation
* Strong project management skills (this is not a PM role) in an enterprise corporate environment including financial services and/or banking project experience
* Very strong communication and presentation skills as you will be participating and leading project meetings with executive management