Senior Network Security Engineer
New York New York, NY 10017
We are hiring for a long term consultancy working onsite (*currently a remote role due to COVID*) at a top mid-sized Asset Management Firm in Manhattan as a Senior Network Security Engineer.
In a very hands-on capacity you will responsible for the support and administration of several core network security tools... interesting projects, very professional and high-end environment.
In summary you will:
- Assist in the design, implementation and configuration of security tools
- Configure and troubleshoot security systems including the SIEM, endpoint security solutions, application whitelisting tools, firewalls, penetration and vulnerability scanning and analysis .
- Daily support and administration of next-generation firewalls (Palo Alto and CISCO Firesight/Firepower)
- Client VPN and Multi-Factor Authentication, and IP space administration
- Network Access Control (Cisco ISE)
- 5+ years of hands-on work experience supporting enterprise security solutions ideally including experience with next generation firewalls such as Palo Alto and Cisco Firesight/Firepower.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of various network security tools (Cisco VPN, Palo Alto VPN, Panorama, Cisco ACS, Cisco ISE, NGFW, Solarwinds, IP Management tools, WireShark,..).
- Strong understanding of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP,...), client VPN and multi-factor authentication, and IP space administration.
- Application whitelisting (Bit9/Carbon Black, Lumension,...) experience
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM) configuration and management experience (Solarwinds, LogRhythm, Splunk,...).
- Experience conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration tests (Nessus, Metasploit,... )
- Banking/Financial Services industry cyber security experience required
- Ability to create accurate system diagrams and documentation for design and planning network security systems.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols .
- CCNP Security and/or CISSP preferred but not required.
- Completed Bachelor’ s degree with Computer Science or related (math, engineering,...) course of study preferred.