Senior Network Engineer
New York, NY 10017
Working onsite for a mid-sized High Profile Asset Management Firm in Manhattan*, you will provide routing, switching, firewall and WAN/LAN support; working in a small tight-knit engineering team to engineer, maintain and support the corporate data networks.
You will provide routing, switching, firewall and WAN/LAN support; working in a small tight knit engineering team to engineer, maintain and support the corporate data networks.
In summary, you will:
- Create, maintain and implement designs for the WAN, LAN, and data center networks (backbone / data network / data center)
- Design, integrate and support solutions involving the network, server and end-point protection into the cyber security framework.
- Provide support during incident response and forensic analysis.
- Analyze business objectives and incorporate them into solutions that will be a part of network and security framework
- Assess the underlying IT environment within the organization to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operation cost, or better support business processes.
- Document and update network design and network topology with any changes for equipment, systems, or engineering design.
- Extensive experience leading and supporting enterprise network solutions in a banking/financial services environment.
- In-depth knowledge of network best practices and various CISCO components (Cisco ACI, APIC, NEXUS, UCS), monitoring (Solarwinds) and IP Management tools.
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls, Panorama
- Experience with Palo Alto GlobalProtect strongly preferred
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols with an advanced understanding of routing protocols such as but not limited to OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP.
- Scripting, penetration testing, and vulnerability management tools
- Some related VMware, virtual platform systems experience such as HP or EMC, load balancers (F5).
- Cisco AnyConnect experience preferred but not required
- Ability to create accurate system diagrams and documentation for the design and planning of network systems.
- Completed Bachelor' s degree with Computer Science, Engineering or related course of study strongly preferred