Senior Business Analyst – Contract
Cambridge, MA 02138
Expanding mid-sized Bio-Pharma seeks Senior Business Analyst with experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology / Life Sciences industry for a long term consultancy.
You will work closely with different business units to gather and document, process automation, data capture and data analysis requirements for the software platform, defining business requirements, use cases, process flows and lead user acceptance testing activities and change management activities.
You will also be working as the product owner in the scrum team representing the business units.
• Understand company workflows, data capture and data analysis processes
• Collaborate with Scientists in different departments and with Informatics team to understand, gather and validate the assay workflow automation, data capture and data analysis needs.
• Generate cohesive documentation of requirements by writing a SRS with detail use case descriptions, user stories, workflow diagrams and other business process modelling diagrams.
• Work with Software Architects to group requirement in to software subsystems (Windows and Web applications).
• Work with UI engineer to come up with a suitable user interfaces (mockups / UI & usability designs) for Web and windows applications and get them approved
• Work with development and QA teams to get the requirements implemented and tested correctly.
• Act as a change management agent leading all change management efforts to increase acceptance and success of the delivered platform
• Coordinate user acceptance testing and end user trainings.
• 5+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst with various software development life cycle methodologies in a Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Life Sciences process automation team.
• Experience working in a regulated / validated environment preferred.
• Ability to discerningly grasp and surface user requirements from business and articulate business expectations to technology development teams.
• Strong hands on experience in UML modeling(Use case diagrams, Data/Work Flow diagrams, Activity diagrams etc. ) using VISIO, SPARX or any other CASE tool.
• Strong hands on experience in documenting requirements writing detailed software specifications with use case descriptions and creating a product backlog with detailed user stories.
• Prior experience working as a product owner and having obtained Scrum Certified Product Owner (SCPO) certification is highly preferred.
• Ability to define business process and align technology contributions.
• Completed Bachelor’s degree