Senior .NET Web Developer
Cambridge, MA 02138
Top Life Sciences Company seeks Senior .Net Web Developer for a long term consultancy (2 years).
You will work on a core business system project building a software platform to automate proprietary workflows, capturing data into a central data warehouse database for the purpose data mining and analysis.
Great opportunity to participate at a very high level in the design and development of this new system.
In this role, you will:
* Participate in agile development teams, including interacting with both business analysts and end users to come up with well-designed and scalable solutions.
* Participate in requirements gathering.
* Design mock-ups and wireframes to communicate the understanding and verify feature requirements.
* Implement features according to specifications and adherence to coding standards
* Design and develop maintainable applications and services that fuel core business processes considering performance, scalability and maintainability.
* Participate in logic and technical design, unit testing, and documentation of the code developed.
* Raise issues with requirements and technical implementation and proactively seek resolution.
* Understand and apply object-oriented development techniques and standard software development patterns
* Follow test-driven development practices to ensure quality deliverables.
* Evaluate alternate solutions to technical problems in an ego-free environment to collaboratively determine the most appropriate outcome.
* You must possess end-to-end hands-on experience with design and development of scalable and maintainable business web applications. Solid experience with multi-layered web applications and service oriented applications development is required.
* Completed Bachelor’s degree with Computer Science or related course of study
* 6+ years of experience in designing and developing highly scalable web apps using Microsoft technologies such as ASP.Net web forms, ASP.Net MVC, C#, LINQ, Entity Framework, .Net frameworks 4.5 and SQL server.
* Solid understanding of Object oriented concepts, UML, design patterns, SOLID principles, generics, anonymous methods, lambda expressions and LINQ.
* 4+ years of strong hands on experience in developing asynchronous web applications with ASP.Net MVC framework 3 or higher is needed
* Some experience in writing and understanding VBA excel macros and developing Excel Add-Ins
* 5+ years of hands on experience in Database design and development (writing stored procedures, functions and triggers) in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or more recent release
* Hands on experience with SSIS, SSAS and SSRS would be helpful.
* 3+ year Hands on experience with WCF and ASP.NET Web API
* Hands on experience working with dependency injection containers such as Autofac, StructureMap, Ninject and Unity etc.
* Experience with Unit testing frameworks such as NUnit and Moq.
* Proficiency with Visual Studio 2012/2013, source control and continuous integration tools such Team Foundation Server (TFS)
* Experience working in a Scrum team, Microsoft certification and Scrum Certifications is plus
* Experience in Life Sciences Pharmaceutical Biotech industry preferred