QA Automation Engineeer
Cambridge, MA 02138 | Full Time
Top Company seeks QA Automation Lead to take ownership of an enterprise QA environment.
This is a direct hire full time career opportunity with an organization that offers very competitive compensation (125K++), great benefits, and a progressive work environment.
You will be responsible for creating and managing a framework for automated testing across a suite of SaaS based products used by hundreds of thousands of people at thousands of institutions across the country.
As a delivery-focused QA Automation Lead, you will lead efforts to create and implement an automated testing framework for several different products.
You will help mentor a team of automation engineers as they work to certify product releases across product lines. This includes functional and regression testing of individual products and integration testing of our product offerings. You will maintain high quality standards through systematic metrics-driven test planning and test execution.
In summary you will:
* Collaborate with architects, developers, QA Engineers, and business subject matter experts to design an overall test automation strategy for our product suite.
* Work closely with development to be aware of changes in features and designs.
* Create automated scripts and tests for integration testing, functional testing, UI testing, acceptance testing and smoke testing for mobile and web-based solutions.
* Balance automation, manual testing, and exploratory testing against risk to select the right tests to automate.
* Develop test automation framework and automate test case from designed manual tests.
* Mentor other automation engineers and QA analysts on the team in best practices and adherence to overall automation test strategy.
* Provide input in the creation of the automated test planning for each project.
* Effectively communicates in meetings with project team members and stakeholders.
* Define automation strategy for regression/functional testing for new features and products.
* Provide training for QA analysts and automation engineers in automation technologies and applications.
* 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance working in automated testing environments
* Hands-on experience with design, development, and implementation of testing procedures; creation of test plans, test cases, and automated test processes to support overall quality objectives
* Experience with implementation of quality assurance and testing methodologies, processes, standards, and tools. Looking for someone with insight and creativity utilizing their past automation skills experience
* Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including technical documentation skills
* Exposure to virtualization especially VMWare
* Experience with web-based JAVA applications with large scale relational databases using SQL Server
* Must be able to adjust schedules to accommodate the changing priorities of a high-growth business
* 1+ years of hands-on programming experience as a developer or as part of test automation creation (Java or Ruby a plus)
* Experience working with an agile product development / product design team to deliver automation code and scripts as part of a sprint-based software development process
* Experience working in a SaaS environment supporting high-traffic public-facing web applications
* Extensive experience with Automation tools such as Selenium and Cucumber
* Experience or understanding of Test Driven Development
* Extensive experience with SQL queries
* Familiarity with Jira, Greenhopper preferred
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related course of study (math, engineering, physics,...)