Purchasing Manager - Wholesale Distribution
Norwood, MA 02062
Tremendous career opportunity for a dynamic Purchasing Manager with finished goods experience to join an emerging company as part of the management team.
For this expanding company you will strategically manage all Purchasing functions: analyzing purchasing history, identifying trends, inventory forecasting and negotiating with vendors to create efficiencies and competitive advantages for the company.
This is a direct hire full-time role with a company that offers competitive compensation (~120-140K) in addition to a bonus and tremendous benefits package (100% company paid healthcare,...).
Great opportunity to re-organize, refine and promote purchasing best practices in a highly visible role within the organization.
You will take ownership of the purchasing department as a hands-on manager and will:
- Coordinate all Purchasing activities based on Sales and Business Development trends and requirements
- Participate in the development of specifications for inventory and buying programs
- Conduct analysis and reporting to assess trends, identify buying opportunities and control inventory levels
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company and factory buying policies
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability
- Ensure the accurate capture and maintenance of records for goods ordered and received.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for product
- Design and institute processes that will enable correct inventory levels
- Negotiate contracts and formulate policies with suppliers building strong relationships with each of the factories, reps and partners
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials arranging for disposal of surplus materials
- Ensure up to date pricing in the ERP system
- 8+ years of Purchasing experience including 3+ years of experience as a Purchasing Manager
- Extensive B2B wholesale/distribution in finished goods industry (plumbing supplies, electronics,...) strongly preferred
- Experience establishing purchasing best practices
- Strong analytical background including deep understanding of purchasing metrics
- Completed college degree with finance, business or economics course of study preferred; MBA's welcome to apply
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
Great benefits package