Property Accountant / Financial Analyst
Newton Center, MA 02459
We have an exciting new role with a premier commercial real estate firm for a Property Accountant with a strong financial analysis background.
This is a full-time direct hire role with a company that offers competitive compensation in addition to a strong benefits package.
This is a highly visible role where you will be responsible for performing the accounting, financial analysis and reporting functions for real estate partnerships and other related entities.
Thus while you will be performing day-to-day accounting, you will also be providing analytics and participating in special projects.
Nice opportunity to do interesting projects and be recognized for your contributions = career growth.
- Review daily cash activity and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review tenant accounts to ensure they are billed for base rent and additional charges resolving any discrepancies.
- Prepare annual reconciliations of tenant operating and real estate tax escalations
- Help with the preparation of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Assist in the annual budgeting process, quarterly re-forecasting process and preparation of monthly reports.
- Prepare quarterly revenue and expense variance analysis and investigate and document fluctuations.
- Prepare quarterly depreciation and fixed asset schedules.
- Assist with the preparation and review of annual tax returns.
- Compile year end reporting packages and related schedules for the annual audits.
- Gather the necessary information for the annual financial statements.
- Review and develop a comprehensive understanding of mortgage documents, building management, joint venture and operating agreements.
- Ad-hoc financial modeling, analysis, reporting and research for senior management
- 2+ years of commercial real estate related accounting experience
- Strong Excel skills and some related real estate G/L accounting systems
- Excellent analytical skills
- Completed college degree with finance, business, accounting, economics or related course of study preferred