Production Control Manager
Dayton, OH 45414
We are looking for an experienced Production Control Manager with a strong Logistics background to take on a leadership role at a mid-sized Manufacturing Company in the Dayton Ohio area.
This is an amazing full-time direct hire opportunity to work for a premier mid-sized manufacturing company that offers interesting projects, an excellent benefits package and career growth.
You will plan, coordinate, direct, and design Production Control, Logistics and related ERP activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the departments.
In this role you will need to work closely with business leader stakeholders in other departments building relationships and helping to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective solutions for several different parts of the organization.
In summary this will include:
1) Strategy & Planning
- Lead operational and strategic planning; this will include fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating all relevant resources.
2) Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the platforms and systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the Group, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service support.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendors, outsourcers, and consultants contracts and service agreements.
3) Operational Management
- Direct research on potential solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Manage staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
Relocation assistance available for a well qualified candidate.
- 10+ years of related Production Control and/or Logistcs management/leadership work experience
- Proven experience in planning and development
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research into issues and products and to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to non-SME audiences
- Project Management certification preferred including experience creating business cases, budgets,...
- Experience going through ERP migration (s) within a Manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Requires regular interaction with shop floor managers and production staff to understand and provide solutions for the manufacturing operations
- Completed college degree ideally with a quantitative course of study such as Engineering, Math,...