New York, NY 10012
We are looking for a Network Engineer who is passionate about technology, good at what you do and interested in working for a chill media company in Lower Manhattan doing interesting work.
This is a full-time direct hire role with a tech intensive, professional yet uber casual company; so you can donate your ties to a worthy cause and break out your flip flops, this job is all about getting it done not looking good at meetings...
You will design, implement, maintain, and support and expanding network infrastructure as part of a small, tight-knit Infrastructure team that is responsible for designing and developing highly available and scalable network architectures.
* Network planning, design and testing
* Configure and install various network devices and services (switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
* Failover planning, design and testing
* Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
* Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
* Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
* Provide escalated support and troubleshooting
* Setup and management of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, EC2 Network Interfaces, direct connections, storage gateway configuration,...
* Must be smart, passionate, experienced Network Engineer
* Experience working in media industry strongly preferred
* Palo Alto firewalls, Dell switches, VPN tunneling, deep understanding of networking protocols (IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS), OSI model and TCP/IP
* Hands-on experience with basic monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
* Systems: Windows, iOS, Cisco Systems, UNIX, Linux
* Networking: switches, hubs, servers, cables, racks, firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS