Network / Security Architect (Team Lead)
New York, NY 10017 New York, NY 10017
High Profile Asset Management Firm seeks Network Architect with a strong security background to lead a team architecting, implementing and maintaining the corporate data networks.
This is a full time direct hire role with high profile financial services company that offers interesting work, opportunity for promotion, competitive compensation (130-140K+ bonus) and great benefits package.
You will be responsible for the implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, including end-point protection, monitoring, forensic tools, and network security policy enforcement.
As a senior team member you will lead a small team of network and security engineers that supports the network infrastructure and network security.
In summary, you will:
- Create, maintain and implement designs for the WAN, LAN, and data center networks (backbone / data network / data center)
- Design and integrate security solutions involving the network, server and end-point protection into the cyber security framework.
- Provide support during incident response and forensic analysis.
- Analyze business objectives and incorporate them into solutions that will be a part of network and security framework
- Assess the underlying IT environment within the organization to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operation cost, or better support business processes.
- Document and update network design and network topology with any changes for equipment, systems, or architectural design.
- 5+ years of experience leading and supporting enterprise network and security solutions
- In-depth knowledge of network and network security best practices and various tools (Cisco ACI, VPN, Palo Alto VPN, Cisco ACS, Cisco ASA, Cisco ISE, NexGen FW, Solarwinds, IP Management tools, WireShark, SIEM, SOC, and Bit9/Carbon Black).
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols with an advanced understanding of routing protocols such as but not limited to OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP.
- Experience with next generation firewalls such as Palo Alto and Cisco FirePOWER.
- Scripting, penetration testing, and vulnerability management tools
- Experience leading teams of network and security engineers; with the ability to communicate with all levels of management and other business units.
- Ability to create accurate system diagrams and documentation for the design and planning of network security systems.
- CCNP/CCIE certificate required with CCIE level experience
- Completed Bachelor's degree with Computer Science, Engineering or related course of study strongly preferred
Great benefits package!