Lead Software Engineer (.NET)
Cambridge, MA 02138
Expanding mid-sized Bio-Pharma seeks a fulltime direct hire Lead Software Engineer to join their agile development team.
This is a wonderful career opportunity for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to take ownership of several high profile development projects working for a company that provides competitive compensation.
You will build an enterprise grade software system using Microsoft stack technologies including design, development and maintenance of a suite of applications ranging from web applications, windows services, WCF services and thick-client (Windows forms and WPF) applications.
In summary, you will:
• Lead a small team of developers provided technical guidance and supervision to team members (3 on-site and 3 remote)
• Participate in agile development teams, including interacting with Business Units to come up with well designed and scalable solutions.
• Participate in requirements gathering and feature estimation.
• Implement features according to specifications and adherence to coding standards.
• Design and develop maintainable applications and services that fuel core business processes considering performance, scalability and maintainability.
• Participate in technical design, unit testing and documentation of the code developed.
• Raise issues with requirements and technical implementation and proactively seek resolution.
• Understand and apply object-oriented development techniques and standard software development patterns.
• Follow test-driven development practices to ensure quality deliverables.
• Continuously improve understanding of business processes and functions.
• Provide technical leadership to in-house and offshore software development teams.
• Experience leading technical development teams and projects
• 5+ years of experience in designing and developing highly scalable web apps using Microsoft stack technologies such as ASP.Net web forms, ASP.Net MVC, C#, LINQ, Entity framework and SQL server.
• Solid understanding of Object oriented concepts, UML, design patterns and SOLID principles.
• Hands on experience in C# and .Net frameworks 4.5.
• Strong understanding and practical experience with generics, anonymous methods, lambda expressions and LINQ.
• Strong hands on experience in developing asynchronous web applications with ASP.Net MVC framework 3 or higher is needed
• Experience with windows forms or WPF.
• Hands on experience in Entity Framework and ado.net
• Experience with JQuery UI controls and Telerik controls helpful
• Extensive hands on experience in database design and development (writing Stored Procedures, functions and triggers) in Microsoft SQL Server
• Hands on experience working with dependency injection containers such as Autofac, StructureMap, Ninject, Unity,
• Proficiency with Visual Studio 2012/2013, source control and continuous integration tools such Team Foundation Server (TFS), modeling tools VISIO or SPARX enterprise architect.
• Experience working in a Scrum team, Scrum Certifications is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related course of study