Senior Web Applications Developer
115000 -135000 Norwood, MA 02062
Expanding Company seeks full stack Senior Web Applications Developer with strong PHP development skills to serve as a lead engineer for all web offerings across the entire LAMP open source stack e-commerce platform including some interesting projects related to API strategy and fast data retrieval (ElasticSearch/SOLR).
Great opportunity to work as a Lead on a small software team architecting and implementing solutions while enhancing automated testing, workflow enhancements, code optimization, and test-driven development initiatives.
You will play a key role in the software team using Git for source control, automated deploys and peer review on code before releasing it into production.
This is a full-time direct hire role with a well-run company that offers interesting projects, competitive compensation (120-140K+) and a great benefits package.
- Extensive software programming experience with experience in an open source / PHP environment with both architecting and implementing solutions
- Full stack development experience in an open source environment using object-oriented programming with a strong understanding of the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Knowledge of Laravel and CodeIgnitor PHP frameworks
- SQL experience including strong experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture including experience with the following: MySQL, SQL Server; creating database schemas to support business processes
- Extensive application dev workflow / version control experience, such as CLI, automation (Gulp, Grunt), Composer, NPM, Git...
- Deep understanding of the structure and mechanics of search engines (ElasticSearch/Solr)
- Solid REST API experience
- Experience managing and implementing solutions in AWS
- Web Servers / REST knowledge (Apache)
- Linux/Unix experience
- A solid comprehension of software architecture design, programming patterns, automation, GIT, APIs, web technologies and LAMP stack implementation experience
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns, current with modern development trends, continuous integration and able to act as a mentor to other developers
- Experience implementing complex integrations with ERP solutions preferred
- Completed Bachelor's degree with Computer Science or related course of study
Great benefits package!