Lead Bank Auditor
New York, NY 10001 | Contract-to-Hire
International Bank seeks a Lead Auditor on a contract to hire basis to assist in all aspects of the audit activities and meeting the goals and objectives of the internal audit.
You will serve as the third line of defense and provides overall assurance on governance, risk management and control. In this role you will report directly to the General Manager of the Audit Department and to the branch’s senior management.
- To assist the department head to establish annual risk-based audit plan.
- Review the design and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Conduct special investigations for Head Office or Senior Management.
- Submits audit reports to management.
- Establish policies and procedures to guide the internal audit function.
- Ensures the internal audit team’s independence and objectivity.
- Monitor evolving best practices in the areas of audit, internal controls and fraud prevention.
- Maintains a current understanding of the global developments and regulatory and legal framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance or Information System preferred.
- 10+ years audit experience through public accounting/auditing and/or industry experience.
- Strong verbal/written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with financial and accounting applications and financial and operational controls.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting, financial, and operational standards and regulations.
- Have technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, and investigations.
- Professional certification (such as CIA, CISA, or CAMS) a plus.
- Must read/write/speak English and Chinese (Mandarin) with especially strong writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.