Junior Project Manager
New York, NY 10017 | Full Time
We have an immediate hire Junior Project Manager role for a college graduate with 12+ months of related Project Management experience.
You will work in Manhattan for a very high profile Asset Management firm helping to structure and track projects for the IT group.
This is an opportunity to work for a very high end mid-sized Asset Management firm in a highly visible role reporting directly to the CTO.
Competitive compensation plus a great benefits package.
This will include:
- Create project plans, manage tasks, track milestones, help to set stakeholder expectations and build reports for senior management.
- Business Analysis support of technology and non-technology initiatives to support a robust operating environment and strategic roadmap.
- Providing end to end business coordination for implementation of new initiatives, using your business expertise and an ability to identify and involve all key stakeholders in an agile project delivery model.
- Feasibility analysis – proofing business proposals / requests for production viability and risk management, ensuring that business stakeholders "wants" are translated into appropriate actions that don't introduce the business to increased risk (e.g. NAV validation in BB) and identifying scalable, risk-appropriate alternatives.
- Identification of potential impacts and inter-business team dependencies as an increasing number of data-centric initiatives are introduced to the business (e.g. content management, website transformation, analytic platform opportunities) including related Data Governance Strategy and Reference Data Services and Strategy.
- Participate in oversight of outsourced activities and strategic service suppliers, including service management, service development and oversight of vendor control regimes and the alignment with Risk Governance Model.
- Provide support of the Business Governance and Services Oversight program, addressing the increasing demands brought forward by regulators and audit (internal and external) and support Regulatory Reporting, ensuring the accurate and timely reporting to required Regulatory Bodies.
- Process Optimization, supports and directs the delivery of Continuous Improvement initiatives and the maintenance of this culture within the Operations and Control teams.
- Operational Support for the Institutional Front Office trading, portfolio management and relationship management teams
- Completed college degree
- Strong MS Project and PowerPoint skills and experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Some type of related professional Project Management/Project Administration/Project Coordination experience with experience putting together related project plans and presentations.
Great opportunity to launch your IT Project Management career with a high end asset management company in Manhattan.