Junior Project Manager/Desktop Support
New York, NY 10017 | Contract-to-Hire
We have an immediate hire Junior Project Manager role for a college graduate with Desktop Support experience combined with some related Project Management experience.
You will work in Manhattan for a very high profile Asset Management firm helping to structure and track projects for the IT group while also providing support to a small user base.
This is an opportunity to work for a very high end mid-sized Asset Management firm in a highly visible role reporting directly to the CTO.
This will include:
- Provide first and second level IT desktop support including hardware, software and network troubleshooting
- Create project plans, manage tasks, track milestones, help to set stakeholder expectations and build reports for senior management.
- Business Analysis support of technology and non-technology initiatives to support a robust operating environment and strategic roadmap.
- Providing end to end business coordination for implementation of new initiatives, using your business expertise and an ability to identify and involve all key stakeholders in an agile project delivery model.
- Feasibility analysis – proofing business proposals / requests for production viability and risk management, ensuring that business stakeholders "wants" are translated into appropriate actions that don't introduce the business to increased risk (e.g. NAV validation in BB) and identifying scalable, risk-appropriate alternatives.
- Identification of potential impacts and inter-business team dependencies as an increasing number of data-centric initiatives are introduced to the business (e.g. content management, website transformation, analytic platform opportunities) including related Data Governance Strategy and Reference Data Services and Strategy.
- Participate in oversight of outsourced activities and strategic service suppliers, including service management, service development and oversight of vendor control regimes and the alignment with Risk Governance Model.
- Provide support of the Business Governance and Services Oversight program, addressing the increasing demands brought forward by regulators and audit (internal and external) and support Regulatory Reporting, ensuring the accurate and timely reporting to required Regulatory Bodies.
- Process Optimization, supports and directs the delivery of Continuous Improvement initiatives and the maintenance of this culture within the Operations and Control teams.
- Operational Support for the Institutional Front Office trading, portfolio management and relationship management teams
- Completed college degree
- 1+ years of related technical support experience
- Strong MS Project and PowerPoint skills and experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Some type of related professional Project Management/Project Administration/Project Coordination experience with experience putting together related project plans and presentations.