Junior Network Engineer
New York, NY 10017
Are you and up and coming Network Engineer looking for an opportunity to design VoIP and Data solutions with a company that offers interesting and diverse projects within a very structured and supportive environment?
Top Company Seeks Network Engineer to be responsible for the documentation, testing and maintenance of their Service Provider Network (VoIP and Data).
This is an immediate opportunity with a premiere mid-sized ISP that is expanding, great opportunity to take you 2+ years of CISCO or Juniper engineering experience to the next level, targeted salary 80-90K.
Your goal in this role is to create a stable network environment for the deployment of services, including Internet, VoIP and managed service offerings. In addition, you will assist in the development of client networks designs whose requirements exceed the standard service offerings. To meet these goals, you will need to work closely with both Infrastructure Engineers and Sales Engineers to test new equipment and configurations, develop deployment guidelines and standardize configurations. You will help to analyze and identify gaps or changing demands on the network and present those recommended design changes to the Infrastructure Engineers for review and implementation.
In summary you will:
* Work with other Engineers to design, test and implement the service provider network
* Document and work with the Network Operations Center (NOC) to execute regular maintenance routines, review reports and provide regular status reports on the the Service Provider network
* Monitor and review logs and reports generated by the NOC. Identifies possible issues and provides and implements recommendations
* Document new and existing architecture and aids in the design of maintenance plans to be implemented by the NOC
* Manage network documentation through change control process
* Review network components and architecture on a regular basis, identifying possible feature enhancements or design inefficiencies
* Provide an escalation point to the NOC for network related issues
* Stay abreast of and incorporates industry best practices into recommendations for client networks designs and configurations
* 2+ years of experience engineering CISCO or Juniper networks, must have hands-on experience with routers and switches.
* Must have an understanding of layer 2, layer 3 TCP/IP, IP addressing and working with Class A, B and C subnets
* Must have experience with dynamic routing protocols, especially with BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
* Must have understanding of MPLS within a provider network
* Cisco CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience required or Juniper JNCIA or equivalent hands-on Juniper experience
* Must have knowledge of firewalls, preferably Fortinet and Cisco ASA
* Prefer experience with IP Centrex and hosted VOIP provider environment
* Prefer understanding of Avaya, Broadsoft and/or Cisco based VOIP solutions
* Must be willing to be on-call during scheduled after-hours routines and make an effort to be available for issues that may occur outside the regular work day