Junior Network Administrator
Norwood, MA Norwood, MA 02062 | Full Time
Expanding mid-sized company seeks Junior Network Administrator.
You will have the opportunity to participate in several interesting projects while also handling systems administration, maintenance and support.
This is a direct hire full-time career opportunity with a great company that offers competitive compensation (base salary + bonus) plus great benefits.
This is a hybrid role that will involve all aspects of IT infrastructure systems engineering and support with three main areas of responsibility:
- Network/Security: VoIP; firewall & switch configuration and management; card access system; endpoint protection and remediation; and PCI compliance.
- Server Administration : installing new and upgrading existing software including server operating systems; manage backup of servers and restores of files for end users; maintenance of computers, servers, printers, switches, firewalls, and other network equipment; adding and removing employees; patch management; troubleshooting server related issues; VMWare; Windows Server, Groups and Objects; manage DNS, Active Directory Group Policy and DHCP; Office 365/Exchange; setup and manage Macs using Mac Server Profiles for workstations and using Active Directory Logins; support AWS infrastructure with VPC, Instances, Load Balancers, Proxy and VPN set-up.
- Hardware and Support: Managing mobile devices with mobile device management software; working with hardware and software vendors; troubleshooting workstation related problems and optimization along with end user support of all of the above.
- 2+ years of hands-on systems administration/network administration
- Network admin/support experience including TCP/IP, CISCO switches, firewalls (FortiGate or similar), and VPN connections
- Windows Server 2012/2016 with extensive DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy and DHCP
- Windows 10/8/7/XP and Apple iOS
- MS Office Office 365/Exchange
- Experience supporting VMware ESX 6
- Some experience supporting Linux systems (RedHat,CentOS,Debian) preferred but not required
- Some experience supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred but not required
- McAfee EPO server and EndPoint protection for PC, Mac and Linux clients
- Completed college degree required, Computer Science or related quantitative course of study (math, engineering,...) preferred.